Simply click “Upload Your Inventory”:
Please load your property/inventory file (in .CSV or .XLS format) with as much hotel information as possible:
Once the file upload is complete, Mapping.Works will consider the following fields (columns):
Please help us identify the uploaded fields by choosing a respective name for each column from the drop-down list:
The most recent inventory file you have uploaded is always available for download at any time by clicking on the file name:
Congratulations! Your inventory file was successfully uploaded to Mapping.Works:
In the next step, you’ll need to select the suppliers with whom you would like Mapping.Works to map your inventory.
The Research screen provides a summary view on your suppliers’ mapping runs.
It can be reached via the Mapping.Works main menu:
Description - Click this button to display the Research screen and view the mapping status of your inventory vs. your selected suppliers.
Mapping results are aggregated by supplier:
|Use this box to search by supplier name to filter the results
|Sort results by Alphabetical order/ Mapping run date
|Mapping run date
|Overall number of properties in the supplier’s portfolio
|Number of properties that were mapped successfully
|Number of possible mapped properties
|Number of properties the supplier offers which were not found in your inventory file. These are considered as an opportunity for you to improve your offering to your clients
|The ratio between mapped properties and the total number of supplier properties. In other words, how well the supplier inventory is represented in your inventory file
The “review mapping” process is a convenient way to find hotels and review their mapping.
The system enables to research and find hotels by the following search options:
- Hotel ID– search for any hotel you have by its ID in your system.
- Hotel name– search by the hotel name in your system.
- Travolutionary ID– search by the hotel’s HSP ID. The HSP hotel id is included in all results files.
- Supplier Hotel ID– search by the hotel’s supplier ID. The supplier hotel id is included in all results files. (Sourcekey).
- Country– research a particular country. List of hotels in the selected country will be presented. On each of the hotels presented, the system will allow you to research its mapping to the different agencies.
- City– research a particular city. List of hotels in the selected city will be presented. On each of the hotels presented, the system will allow you to research its mapping to the different agencies.
- Address - research a particular address. List of hotels in the selected address will be presented. On each of the hotels presented, the system will allow you to research its mapping to the different agencies.
The “further research” option will provide you with all of the information the supplier has for that hotel code.
The default columns presented for each hotel can be modified by clicking on any of the columns, giving you the ability to add and remove columns as needed.
In case you would like to focus only on one supplier, simply enter its name to see their individual data.
The “review Possible” process is a convenient way to check hotels that we marked as possible and decide if you can mark them as confident.
This is a one time process and once you click “Yes”, the system will identify it as confident and it won’t appear as possible for next mapping run.
Whether it is your first use of Mapping.Works or a new inventory supplier you would like to get mapped against, you first need to connect with this supplier. Please check which version of the API the supplier you want to connect Mapping.Works are using.
You can edit or remove any connected suppliers easily. Click “Connect +” to display the Manage Suppliers screen:
Connect - This button opens the Manage Suppliers screen where you can add/remove/search or edit any supplier.
You can manage any of your connected suppliers via this screen:
Connect Supplier - This button opens the Manage Suppliers screen where you can add/remove/search or edit any supplier.
Use this box to search for any existing connected supplier
Use this option to edit the details of any existing connected supplier
Click this icon to remove any existing connected supplier
Upload Supplier Inventory File
You can either upload or drag and drop a supplier’s inventory file. Just make sure the file format is CSV or XLS.
Accept Terms and Conditions - You must own the copyrights or have the necessary rights for any content you upload to Mapping.Works. By accepting the terms and conditions, you assume any and all responsibility for obtaining the necessary rights.
Finish - Click Finish to connect the supplier.
This view allows you to assess the quality of your inventory file upload (always the last one) by the columns’ data and the overall quality mark.
An automated email will be sent to you once the mapping process has been completed.
You can download the mapping results directly from the email:
Or from your Dashboard:
The downloaded file will contain Mapping data between your inventory and the selected supplier/s:
● Confident: These are the properties which were mapped to your inventory.
● Confident Links: CSV file for easy upload of the properties which were mapped to your inventory.
● Possible Mappings:These are the properties which were mapped with moderate confidence. Typically, these would be the properties with insufficient property information, preventing the system from completing the mapping.
● Possible Links: CSV file for easy upload of the properties which were mapped with moderate confidence.
To reduce the number of possible mapping records, we recommend to add as much property information as possible to the uploaded property file: phone number, coordinates, zip, etc.
● Not Mapped: These are the properties found in your inventory, to which no matching property was found in our inventory. This list should be minimal and in case there is a large amount of properties, should be checked by us.
● Errors- this text file outlines all the records which the system was not able to process. Typically, these would be records which are lacking at least one mandatory field ('Hotel Name' and/or 'Hotel id'), or alternatively were recognized as test properties.
The 'Confident' & 'PossibleMappings' files share the same structure and format - xlsx.
The ‘NotMapped’ share the same structure as well but in CSV format.
● SourceKey- this is the hotel ID provided in the source file for mapping. (Column A)
● HotelName- this is the hotel name provided in the source file for mapping. (Column B)
● Address, Phone, ZipCode, CityName, CountryCode, State, StarRating, Lat, Lng, RoomCount, Fax, Email, Website- these are the entries provided in the source file. They are included in the results files for reference only. If one of them is blank, this means it
was not provided in the source file. (Column C-O)
● MappingWorksHotelID- this is the HSP Hotel ID of the mapped property.
● MappingWorks HotelName, Address, Phone, ZipCode, CityName, CountryCode, State, StarRating, Lat, Lng, RoomCount, Fax, Email, Website- this is the information the
HSP has for the property. (Column S-AA)
● Supplier Hotel ID - this will be arranged by the suppliers you have requested to connect. Standing on a certain column of a supplier, will show you the amount of properties the
supplier have in each file you open. (Column AB - Forward)
Updated 15 days ago